From classic rock to eclectic cuisine, the Greater Farmington Founders Festival is the Farmington area's can’t miss event!
The Farmington Founders Festival, a favorite southeast Michigan event, celebrates 50 years in 2014. What began as a tribute to the city’s unique Quaker heritage is now a weekend-long celebration of crafts, music and community.
The Greater Farmington Area Chamber of Commerce has taken over the reins of the festival organization and planning in 2014, just in time for the 50th anniversary! The Chamber has a long history of organizing the festival. The Farmington Board of Commerce (now known as the Greater Farmington Area Chamber of Commerce) took over the festival in 1965. With the Farmington Board of Commerce involved, the festival expanded beyond the downtown to become a city and township wide celebration! Today the festival is an exciting mix of community traditions and cultural trends.
- On Saturday morning people will line the streets for the Botsford Founders Festival Parade-this year's theme: Taking It Back to Where It All Began - 1964
- Shop one-of-a-kind items at the Crafters Marketplace
- Meet up with friends and neighbors for music and drinks at the Beer Tent in the Downtown Farmington Center Lot
- Celebrate 1964 by seeing Mary Poppins at the Botsford Movie Under the Stars
- Check out the live music at the Bright House Main Stage
- Games, rides, and crafts galore for kids
- Main Stage entertainment includes Soniq Cell , Collision Six , Fifty Amp Fuse and Killer Flamingos
- Catch 50th anniversary fireworks at Shiawassee Park before Movie Under the Stars
- Elsa from Frozen will make her Founders Festival debut in the Meijer Kids Zone
- New a SECOND Movie Under the Stars night featuring Pitch Perfect
- Plus many more fun things to be shared with family and friends