From classic rock to eclectic cuisine, the Founders Festival is Farmington’s can’t miss event!
The Farmington Founders Festival, a favorite southeast Michigan event, celebrates 49 years in 2013. What began as a tribute to the city’s unique Quaker heritage is now a weekend-long celebration of crafts, music and community.
The Farmington Downtown Development Authority handles leadership of the festival organization and planning. The DDA has enhanced the Founders Festival with even more fun things to do and popular live entertainment. Today the festival is an exciting mix of community traditions and cultural trends.
- On Saturday morning people will line the streets for the Founders Festival Parade-this year's theme: Cartoons & Comic Books!
- Shop one-of-a-kind items at the Bosch Crafters Marketplace
- Meet up with friends and neighbors for music and drinks at Walker's Tavern in the Downtown Farmington Center Lot
- Catch a Movie Under the Stars
- Browse through bestsellers at the Book Sale
- Games, rides, and crafts galore for kids
- Main Stage entertainment includes the Fifty Amp Fuse, Killer Flamingos and other musical guests
- Founders Festival has gone to the dogs! Check out Wags-n-Whiskers Land!
- Catch the Rock-nRoll K-9s show at Wags-n-Whiskers Land
- Magic Mark brings his Animal Magic to the Go PlayGround area
- Step into the Photosoniq Photobooth and capture a memory
- Plus many more fun things to be shared with family and friends